Saturday, February 14, 2009

My New Love - Reading



For almost my entire life reading was not something I enjoyed doing. In fact, I avoided it like the plague. I found no enjoyment is doing it and for the life of me couldn't figure out why anyone would spend hours with a "book". Well, some of my friends talked me into reading for enjoyment. At first I was skeptical that I would be up to the challenge, but after finishing a wonderful Christian novel by Lori Wick, Sophie's Heart, I realized I could enjoy reading. I moved on to The Shack which really made me think about a lot of things and now I'm reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I know many of you will find this hard to believe, but if given the choice to stamp or read, lately I've chosen to read.
I joined a Shefari.com group that includes some of my dear friends, Becky, Kelly, Tina, & Jeana. And I've meet and gotten to know better a couple of other friends, Nicole & Natalie. We had our first get together at Cuppies & Joe to discuss books we've read and would recommend to others to read. Cuppies & Joe is a real fun place to just hang out and talk with a cup of coffee and a cupcake. When we arrived at Cuppies & Joe we all met in the parking lot and this one lady looked so stinkin' familiar. I said to her..."you look so familiar". Well guess what, she works at Chesapeake Energy too and we mentor at a local elementary school together.
I had the best time and am so looking forward to our next get together. I think we are going to the Melting Pot next month for desert fondu...yummy!!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am SO proud of you!!! Way to Blog PRBert!! Woohoo!!! And I love the Book Club too!!