Tuesday, March 17, 2009

California- Day 5


Dad took me to pick up the rental car today to use for our trip to Disneyland.  Alyssa & Kolbi are so excited about going.  After we picked up the car we went to one of my top 5 restaurants to eat at...Sunrise Kitchen.  This is a true Chinese food joint  It's a little hole in the wall and has always been one of my favorite places to get my Chinese food.  Well, the food wasn't nearly as good as it was 3 years ago when I had it last.  It was definitely missing something.  I scarfed my lunch down anyway.  When I went to throw away my trash I pulled a major DUH and dropped my keys in the garbage can.  I tried to fish the out and was unsuccessful so I had to ask for assistance.  They don't speak English to each other so I'm certain they were saying "what a dumb blond white girl".  Oh well...hehehe...I got me keys and headed home.  

Mom got home early as we needed to head out to Mendota to watch my oldest niece Brianna play softball.  She plays short stop for Laton High School and is the lead off batter.  I did my very best to keep my mouth shut and just enjoy the game, but found myself halfway through the game yelling out instructions....hehe...you may be able to take the girl out of the ball, but never the ball out of the girl.  I was very proud of Brianna as she played a great game. 
 I found the time to play with Alyssa & my two youngest nieces Kolbi & Rikki.  They took turns wearing my sunglasses and Rikki gave me lots and lots of hugs & kisses.  After the game as we were walking back to the car Rikki insisted I carry her so I did of course and as I walked across the grass I twirled around and Rikki let out the biggest belly laughs.  She insisted I ride in the car with her so of course I did because Rikki gets whatever she wants....she is so spoiled.  We had to take a quick run through the drive through at McDonalds to get a "burgercheese"...it's so funny to hear her say it too in that little girly voice.  
After the game we traveled back to Fresno and went to yet another one of my top 5 favorite restaurants...Javier's.  It's a really good authentic Mexican food restaurant.  I had tacos and hmmm hmmm hmmm....they were OUTSTANDING.

Charlie will be arriving tonight and I cant wait to see him.  I've really missed him and so has Alyssa.  He texted me earlier today and told me he was "On Vacation".  I hope all goes well at the store while we are gone.  I do miss all of my friends in OK, but it's worth missing them to get to spend time with my family.  I'm hoping I will be able to come back home again in the fall over fall break.  Two of my nieces may come back to Oklahoma over the summer.  Brianna wants to attend the OU Women's basketball camp and Kolbi just wants to come visit and play with Alyssa.  I hope we can make it all happen.

No comments: