Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mike's Senior Prom - TONIGHT!!!

This week is Mike's week.  It seems like yesterday that I was at the hospital in Fort Lewis, Washington giving birth to him and tonight he's attending his Senior Prom.  The last 48 hours have been very interesting, stressful, unbelievable, and at time entertaining. 

There's not much to getting the male ready for prom.  I enjoyed just sitting in Mike's room with him this afternoon and chillin' with him...visisting...laughing...and at times picking at him.  He hats it when I pull the hair on his legs...hehe.  I helped him button the buttons on his sleeves and put his tie on.  He was almost all dressed and remembered that he needed to brush his teeth (Dr Stevens would be proud).  So he carefully brushed his teeth being sure not to drip toothpaste on his black shirt or pants.  He held back his green tie to keep it from getting wet or stained with toothpaste too. 

WOW...how handsome he looked.  I was so proud...and a little sad too.  The reality of it all is that my baby boy is grown up.  It didn't hit me until tonight.  HE'S ALL GROWN UP!!!  
We went out in the front yard and took some pictures of Mike alone.  He headed to Miranda's to pick her up and bring her back to the house so we could finish the pictures.  I sat patiently in the livingroom working on my scrapbook page planning for the upcoming retreat I'm attending next weekend when the kids pulled up.  Miranda opened the door and stepped out and WOW...SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!!  Not that she's not normally beautiful because she is so stinkin' cute.  She looked so grown up and like a beauty queen.  I immediately got up grabbed my camera and charged out the front door.  She was beaming and smiling ear to ear.  Mike had to go into the house to get his iPod so I took the opportunity to take some pictures of Miranda by herself.  She's so photogenic and a great poser.
Mike finally came back out and I took the yet more pictures of the two of them together.  They make such an adorable couple.  That's about all I'm going to say about it because I don't want to jinx anything.

Mike unlocked the car and opened the door for his prom date.  I took a few more pictures of the two of them in the car and then had my Mom talk with the two of them.  Reminding them to be careful and on their best behavior.  I also reminded them both that they are not 21 and no alcohol should be consumed by either of them.  I took one last picture of them and watched them drive off.  I sure hope they have a great time tonight and it be a night that neither of 
ever forget.  I love both of these kids very much and have prayed for them to have fun tonight and return home safely.



2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! I feel like a proud auntie! I can't believe this boy was only 13 years old when I met you. Now he is all grown up. Thanks for letting me share in some of the most memorable years of his life.

Kelly said...

They look absolutley amazing!! I hope they have a great time!!